By CMU Advertising | Published on Monday 6 February 2023
Isobel Griffiths Ltd is the leading Orchestra Contractor in the UK, booking musicians for major feature films, television programmes, video games, records, commercials, live shows and production music. We are a small, friendly team based in London.
We are seeking a TRAINEE ORCHESTRA CONTRACTOR (aka Fixer), to cover maternity leave, offering hybrid working – either from our London office or from the London recording studios with the option to work from home for 1 or 2 days a week, depending on the week’s agenda. Fixed 1 year contract but with the possibility of it being extended to a permanent role at the end of the term. Immediate start, or subject to applicant’s notice period.
Freelance orchestral and specialist musicians are booked by us for Feature Films, Video Games, TV Film Scores, Records and TV Commercials recordings. We are responsible for budgeting musicians’ fees in accordance with the Musicians’ Union rates and regulations and booking those musicians to attend recording sessions. Day to day email/telephone contact involves liaising with musicians and their diary services, composers, producers, arrangers, recording studios, record labels, TV and film production companies.
• Full administrative role requiring attention to detail and complete accuracy with all documents, budgets and messages.
• Ability and character to work to deadlines and under pressure.
• The demands of a creative services business requires an ability and a willingness to work when necessary over and above contractual job hours and attendance at sessions will be required for those projects taking place on evenings or weekends.
• Patience, plus a calm and friendly telephone manner are essential with great communication skills.
• Administrative accuracy and flexibility in working hours are paramount.
• Preparing necessary Musicians’ Union paperwork in advance of sessions.
• Clients / Composers liaison – taking detailed requirements from client / composer and preparing budgets to provide musicians’ costs in accordance with Musicians’ Union rates and regulations.
• Familiarisation with the various Musicians’ Union agreements.
• Checking musicians’ availability and securing them for sessions.
• Attending recording sessions (after completion of training) to ensure the session is run in accordance with Musicians’ Union guidelines and dealing with client queries.
• Computer programmes used – Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Experience: Some experience in an Orchestra management type role preferred.
Hours: 9.30am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday
As noted, flexibility to work additional hours is also required when appropriate. Sessions taking place on evenings/weekends will need to be covered once trained, although these hours can be recovered by taking time in lieu.
Paid Holiday: 20 days per annum + Public Holidays.
Salary: In the region of £25,000 to £28,000 p.a. dependent on experience
Please apply by 17th February with covering letter and CV to [email protected]
READ MORE ABOUT: Classical Music Jobs | hybrid jobs | Isobel Griffiths Ltd | London Jobs | Music Jobs | Remote Jobs
Images & transcripts are copyright to their respected owners.